The four-hour health and safety awareness training course for consultants
Who should attend this course?
All consultants working in civil and building construction, manufacturing, engineering and
maintenance projects, including:
• consulting engineers
• quantity surveyors
• landscape architects
• quality inspectors
• temporary works designers
• equipment suppliers
The St.John Consultants Safety Passport is a four-hour course that explores the roles and
responsibilities of project consultants, and how they can keep themselves safe. The course
also looks at ways in which safety efforts can maximise productivity and minimise whole
life project costs: delivering quality projects on time and within budget.
The St.John Consultants safety Passport was developed by a diverse industry team to ensure
it applies to a wide range of project consultants working in India.
• recognise the value of high level health and safety performance to a project
• understand the range of project safety roles and responsibilities
• recognise how to keep yourself safe on a project
• take a leadership role in influencing project safety.
The Consultants Passport course is pitched at a level that recognises the degree of knowledge and
specific experience of the target group. The course is highly interactive with a range of activities
designed to challenge safety perceptions, break down the barriers to high-level safety performance
and help deliver high quality services to clients.
• the business case for health and safety on any project
• safety responsibilities of the range of project consultants
• new Health and Safety legislation coming soon to India
• personal safety and how consultants can have on the health and safety of the life-cycle of a construction project
• the ways in which Consultants influence project safety.
Improving Safety Knowledge
To ensure consultants are kept up-to-date with best practice developments in Health and Safety,
passport holders are required to complete another St.John course every three years.